HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

m4p file

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trekster

Number of posts : 555
Drives : my car
Registration date : 2007-07-09

PostSubject: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 pm

I hate apple! I downloaded an album on my laptop at home, and I'm trying to play it on my work computer, but i can't log into itune store because it's a streaming media site. So, I can't get an authorization for this computer to play my own flipping music!

stupid!

any good ideas? i have the music here, but I can't play it. it's the most retarded thing ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RRIX

Male Number of posts : 338
Drives : Evo IX RS
Registration date : 2007-07-10

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:09 pm

I beleive you can authorize up to three computers at one time for your account. I may be worng...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TouringBubble

Male Number of posts : 1384
Drives : GG IX MR SE

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:24 pm

The trick is ... after you DL an album from iTunes, burn it on a disc as a music CD. Then, re-import it if you'd like. This removes the DRM.

"We two souls have shared a cheese sandwich more than twice!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.projecttuning.com/
Trekster

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:46 pm

yeh, that's what I'm figuring too.

i just wanted to play this, like now. stupid itune.

I heard you lose all your music if you stop subscription on rhapsity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Too bad it won't help you today ... sorry. At least your music isn't disappearing ... I had about 70 tracks just vanish after an iTunes update recently. Luckily, I could recover them from my iPod. Some of them were even tracks I'd purchased from iTunes ...

Back to top Go down
JWRICH4

Male Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2007-07-13

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:43 pm

F*ck Apple, F*ck DRM F*ck MP3's

Apple in trying to establish their identity in a Windows world has made everything so f*cking proprietary. I don't have Itunes or Quicktime on any of my personal systems. DRM is such CaCa Del Toro.

All my songs (67K) are in WMA format. They sound better and their is much less bulls*it about I can't play this here or copy to that.

F*ck'em all!

Sorry for the rant but this whole subject really gets my blood boiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trekster

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:48 pm

I hate itunes too. I hate quicktime as well. I got a gift card for itune for christmas, and I had to use it...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:08 pm

I like iTunes. If you think about it ... Apple supports PC users much more than Microsoft supports Apple users. Not that Mac is getting a little more market share, they are making their software much more accessible so the Mac users can interact with PC users easily.

This is one reason I use Quicktime for my videos. The latest version of the player and codecs are always available for both platforms. I can't say the same for Windows Media Player. Many WMV/AVI files will not play on my Mac ... and most of the WMV streams can't be viewed either.

So, from a digital media standpoint, I feel that Mac software is superior.

Back to top Go down
JWRICH4

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Apple supports PC users because better than 90% of the installed base is PC. What Mac saw was the handwriting on the wall that they most likley could not comback from another serious downturn in profits and decided to not be so propritary which brought us the first non RISC chipped Mac.

Mac's are better for graphics and AV work. Given the level of hardware that is stock on a Mac it should be but you are paying for it too. If I were to build a PC to the hardware level of a MAc it would run equally as well if not better and be cheaper too.

I ain't hating on Mac, if you like it, you like it. It is not the holy grail people think it is though. Apple (and they are two seperate entities in the same company) on the other hand is proprietary, practices real aggresive business practices and plays to peoples lack of knowledge and their laziness to not want to learn something new/ too hard to change mentality
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:15 pm

I use Macs for graphics and AV work, and it's mainly for the software suites available ... mainly Final Cut Studio.

But, I honesty feel that a Mac is a better solution for the basic home user as well give the well rounded software suite that comes with the machine. It's not a collection of useless demos that clutter your HD with BS ... they are full versions of quite useful applications.

I agree that Mac isn't the Holy Grail ... and only a small minority of people honestly feel that way.

About the last paragraph you've written ... I think everything but the proprietary part applies more to Microsoft and the PC world. Most people use PCs at work and therefore use PCs at home. I feel that Microsoft has used that as a crutch to build and distribute mediocre products full of bugs simply because they know people will put up with it.

Mac on the other hand has to build it's customer base, ad that's what they are doing. Yes, it's pretty aggressive, but they aren't catering to the people that have already bought in to the Mac logic ... take the iPhone for instance. In order to release the iPhone they pushed back release of the new OS. This didn't make the Mac OS users happy at all (I know it ticked me off), but it reached out for customers who were currently using other PDAs.

In my opinion ... most of the time Mac isn't trying to cater to the lazy ... they are simply taking ideas that have existed in the PC realm and making them less complicated. It makes sense to me.

I was a die hard PC guy until I went to college and HAD to use Macs. It was such a pain learning the Mac OS. When I look back at it I realize the problem ... I was looking too hard/far/deep in to the OS to do the things I'm used to on the PC. On the Mac, they were right in plain view and I was overlooking them.

Back to top Go down
JWRICH4

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:11 am

This started with you can play this music or watch on this but you can't on that. There are a lot of concessions an Apple product user has to make to "enjoy" the "I" lifestyle.

I guess I didn't make my point in the last paragraph. Mac the product vice Apple the company. Apple the company is where my heartburn lies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TouringBubble

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:43 am

I feel the same way about Microsoft. The way they go about Internet Explorer ticks me off every day.

Let's just agree that both companies are imperfect.

Back to top Go down
JWRICH4

PostSubject: Re: m4p file   Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:49 pm

LOL

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content